Mattress is a bedroom accessory, which affects the quality of your sleep noticeably.
Online shop is offering you to buy an orthopedic mattress with a great price. Your purchase will be delivered all over Latvia and, of course, Riga. Our supplies are made directly from the manufacturers, as well as all of our products are accompanied with the EU and International quality certificates.
Types of mattresses
- Medium firmness.
You can define mattresses into two big categories depending on their features:
with springs (with independable pocket-springs and dependable springs) and without springs (monoblock and multilayered structure).
There are also different types of mattresses depending on the materials used in the production cycles:
- coconut coir;
- memory foam (polyurethane foam)
The dimensions of the mattresses are categorized in the following way: Single/Twin, Single Extra Long, Small Double, Double, King, Grand King, Super King.
How to choose your mattress correctly?
The main rules of choosing a mattress (information is based on the orthopedist recommendations):
- you should always pay your attention to the firmness of the mattress;
- concentrate your choice on the orthopedic versions;
- pay close attention to the inner layers― some synthetic substances (latex for example) can cause an allergic reaction such as rash, rhinitis, chronic rhinitis;
- it is recommended to buy a double sided mattresses “winter-summer” type to avoid discomfort during different seasonal climate changes;
- it is better to choose a mattress according to your age, because the comfort parameters change depending on the age group.
Following the above mentioned recommendations you will get a suitable accessory with corresponding price for the best sleeping experience possible.
Which type of mattress is better: with springs or without springs?
Benefits of the spring mattresses:
- Orthopedic effect while you rest.
- Softness with enough firmness for a healthy sleep.
- Even weight distribution
- Do not creak
- More affordable price.
The lack of a spring model - fragility
Benefits of the springless mattresses:
- The ability to quickly take the form of a human body, while some of the mattress areas do not fall through under the human weight - they are able to take on their original shape.
- Longer service life compared with the first type
- The materials used in the production process do not cause allergic reactions
- Environmentally friendly raw materials (we are talking about filler of natural origin, for example, coconut fiber)
- Also have an orthopedic effect.
The disadvantages of buying a mattress without springs include excessive high cost.
You can order mattresses or other accessories for sleeping by contacting the company's managers by phone, through the order “basket” or the through the website’s contact form.
What are the advantages of Askona mattresses?
Affordable price. The company provides an opportunity for everyone to buy sleeping products at reasonable prices. In individual approach to each customer from the smallest age, in the opportunity to find a mattress in accordance with one's body parameters. Professional approach to the subject of health. In the variety of features and properties for a full and healthy sleep. In mattress components - firmness which is easily defined depending on body parameters of a sleeper; block of springs, fillers, mattress covers and protectors. In the guaranteed quality - each type undergoes up to 50 cycles of testing which equals to 30 years of regular use. High-quality and long lasting certified materials, natural composition, fine orthopedic properties; moisture resistant; air resistant; hypoallergic; prevents development of fungi, mold, acari and other microorganisms.
How to select a mattress?
1. Calculate the size of the sleeping area. Sleeping area is the place for the mattress. The correct length of the sleeping area is calculated as follows: it shall be 15-20 cm longer than the tallest family member. In order to define the breadth of the sleeping area, you should lie down with hands and fingers crossed on the breast. The same position shall be taken by your partner. You should not feel squashed or touch each other with your elbows.
2. Mattress height defines the beauty and the cosiness of the sleeping area:
- up to 14cm is suitable for children and as an additional underlayer, for example, on a sofa. On its own, this kind of mattress will not be able to fulfill its original function and will sag down at showlders and hips areas. Moreover, the wooden base will be felt.
- 14-16cm is the minimum height of a springless mattress for an adult;
- 19-23cm is standard size with springs that provide proper level of support;
- 24-40cm are luxury patterns with upgraded features.
3. Define firmness, as well as maximum load on the mattress. There are two parameters to be considered: the height and the weight of a person to be lying on the mattress.
4. You should bear in mind that your favourite positions during sleeping may just as well influence the selection of a mattress. Hence, the next step is to choose a mattress based on the following types: Spring or springless mattress.
5. Mattress can be double-sided (when it needs to be turned over once a year and you can sleep on its other side, too), one-sided (when it does not need to be turned over and you can use just one side), multiple-sided (when each side of the mattress has different level of firmness), split tension sides (are available only for double beds, where each partner prefers different level of firmness).
6. To select a filling material for the mattress, natural or artificial. Many materials possess unique features. For example, there can be a filler with memory effect or those that preserve comfortable microclimate during the whole night.
7. Mattress cover can be removable or non-removable. Both mattress cover and mattress protector shall be made of thick but pleasant cotton material, for example, jacquard.
8. To select the type and the price of the mattress.